Procedure for offsite Activities
- Discuss with SLT and if agreed please complete the Activity Application Form to be given to your Line Manager & Finance Office.
- Check that appropriate Risk Assessments are in place (Activity Coordinator)
- Complete Risk Assessment form (non residential) and give to Activity Coordinator. Please note: this is a mandatory requirement
- If school mini bus or school car is being used, the driver must be advised to Activity Coordinator who will ensure they meet requirements.
- Ensure appropriate provisional booking for the venue is made and complete the Activities booking request form to provide information to Finance office.
- Send letter to parents with Parental Activity Consent form (this may be from the venue – if not please ask Activity Co-ordinator to supply relevant form) – a copy should be submitted to the Activity Coordinator to be kept on file. Please note this is a mandatory requirement
- ADDITIONALLY we need parental consent for the student to go off site ( Example activities permission letter) Please note: Completion of Parental Consent form is mandatory for all off site Activities.
- All parental consent forms should be given to the Activities Co-ordinator together with a list of all participants.
The Activity Coordinator will issue the Leader with a pack including all risk assessments and will inform the leader of any students medical needs. In the case of any emergency the activity leader should ring the Dukes Centre Office immediately who will take the appropriate action. It is the responsibility of the Leader to ensure they have all relevant medical information and to check that all necessary consent forms have been signed.