BTEC Level 1 Certificate
This course provides an introduction to construction. It is for students with an interest in the construction industry and covers some of the knowledge and practical skills required for this vocational sector.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Construction drawing skills
- Bricklaying skills
- Carpentry and joinery skills
The units are internally assessed through portfolio assignments and practical assessments.
The type of work students will be doing on the course
Students will develop basic joinery and bricklaying skills and in doing so will understand and have knowledge of health and safety issues associated with construction. Students will also develop drawing skills in order to produce typical building details.
Career opportunities and progression
- Level 1 Diplomas in Construction Craft courses (Carpentry & Joinery, Brickwork or Plumbing)
- Other types of vocational post 16 courses (taken into account with your GCSEs)