At Malden Oaks our highest priority is recruiting outstanding staff to all of our posts so that we can be confident that our students are safe and exceptionally well taught and cared for.
To ensure that this happens we have a rigorous safer recruitment process:
- All interview panels include at least one member who has undergone safer recruitment training.
- Short-listing is always undertaken by a panel, never by one person alone.
- Short-listing will include a close scrutiny of the application forms and their match to the job spec as well as identifying any issues that need further investigation
- For teaching posts one reference must be from the current Headteacher, substitutes e.g. Head of Department will not be accepted.
- For all posts one reference must be from the current employer.
- References are followed by telephone calls to check their validity.
- All selection procedures will include an assessment of how the candidate interacts with students, regardless of the nature of the post
- All interviews will include safeguarding questions. The complexity level will increase depending on the responsibility of the post.
- We do not use agency staff as we cannot be confident that agency checks are as thorough as our own.
- We do not accept CVs or unsolicited requests for work.
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and will not be able to commence working with our students unsupervised until this check has been completed and certification issued/seen.