The Management Committee comprises of volunteer members drawn from its main stakeholder groups, namely: local secondary schools, school staff, parents and the Local Authority as set out in the Instrument of Government.
- Meet the Management Committee
- Members’ Code of Conduct 2016
- Register of any business interests
- Standing Orders & Terms of Reference
- Induction Policy for New Governors Draft Sept 2019
- Members’ Expenses Policy revised May 2019
Collectively, we support the work of the Headteacher, leadership team and school staff to help raise the standards of achievement for all students. We play a strategic and monitoring role, leaving the day-to-day management of the school to the Headteacher and leadership team. We have produced a Strategic Framework 2018 – 21 setting out principles and direction of travel for the school over the next three years.
Our work can be divided into five key areas:
- Working with the Headteacher in setting the school’s strategic direction and targets and agreeing plans and policies
- Monitoring and evaluating performance; acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher by providing support and challenge
- Ensuring the school is accountable to the students and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs
- Approving the school budget
- Assisting with the recruitment of senior staff and agreeing appropriate pay scales.
In summary, we work in partnership with the Headteacher to focus on all areas of school activity, its finances, environment and the requirements of external authorities. We have drawn up an annual governance report that provides a summary of the key issues which the Management Committee addressed during the current academic year and the topics which are likely to be considered in the next year.
The full Committee usually meets once a term and a record of Members’ Attendance 2018-19 is kept. However, Members also volunteer to stand on one or more of its four sub-committees, each of which focuses on an area of responsibility and also meets once each term:
- Teaching and Learning
- Behaviour, Safety & Welfare
- Finance and Premises
- Strategy Group
Minutes of the sub-committees and the approved minutes of the Management committee are available on request. Any business interests for any members of the committee must be declared and a register of interests is published for information.
Provision is also made for the following statutory committees to be convened as required: Pupil Discipline Committee, Staff Discipline Committee, Staff Discipline Appeals Committee.
How to contact us
Ideas and issues relating to the day-to-day running of the school should always be directed to the school’s Heads of Department or the Head teacher in the first instance. The Head teacher will always ensure the members are aware of any matter that impacts their area of responsibility. However, should you wish to contact the Management Committee directly, you are welcome to do so by post (marked confidential) addressed to either our Clerk or Chair:
Rebecca De’Ath, (Management Committee Clerk) & Robert Green, (Management Committee Chair)
Should you be interested in becoming a member of our committee, please contact our Clerk – Rebecca De’Ath by emailing the school (marking for her attention) who will be pleased to advise you of any vacancies and how you might apply